With the new Medicinal Products Act No. 100/2020 coming into
force the IMA has taken on new roles which are as follows:
- to determine maximum price for prescription
medicinal products both at wholesale and retail level
- to determine maximum price for all veterinary
medicinal products both at wholesale and retail level (both prescription and
over the counter medicinal products)
- to determine if a medicinal product falls under
reimbursement and determine the reimbursement price
- to determine if a medicinal product is qualifies
as a Specialty care high-cost medinal product
- to determine if an unlicensed medicinal product
which is listed in the Named Patient Program (NPP) falls under reimbursement.
Inquiries on the aforementioned roles should be sent to [email protected].
All communication concerning the aforementioned roles will
be performed by the IMA on or after 1st of January 2021.